Considerations in Online Learning
Resources Available through Institutional Memberships
The Online Learning Consortium brings together the most innovative methods and latest developments in online education. Our institutional membership offers professional development opportunities for KU instructors and staff. In addition to free webinars, benefits include membership pricing on:
- OLC teaching certificate programs (e.g. Online Teaching, Advanced Online Teaching, and Instructional Designer)
- OLC mastery series programs (e.g. Blended Learning, Instructional Design, and Online Science Labs)
- OLC conferences and events
Visit the OLC Member Resources site for information on benefits and setting up your free OLC account as an institutional member through KU.
We set the bar high to achieve excellence in online learning through our association with Quality Matters. Every course we develop is evaluated using the Standards for Higher Education QM Rubric. Additionally, our membership with Quality Matters provides professional development opportunities and helpful tools for all KU instructors and staff. Free offerings include:
- QM Success Stories - webinars that showcase how other institutions utilize Quality Matters resources
- Accessibility and Usability Resource Site - tips and solutions for common accessibility challenges
- Elements of Quality Matters - one-hour, self-paced course that highlights QM tools and resources
See Federal Regulation and State Authorization to learn about KU compliance with interstate postsecondary distance education and these important topics:
- What is the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)?
- Required disclosures related to professional licensure or certification
- Mandatory NC-SARA reporting
- Advertising online & hybrid programs
Visit the NC-SARA website for more information.