Browse the Schedule of Classes
- Online courses follow the semester calendar at KU. Enrollment for summer and fall courses occurs in March/April. Enrollment for spring courses occurs in October/November.
- Go to University Registrar's Site. Select the “more options” link on the right side of the page, select “online courses” in the lower right corner of the box of search options that appears, then click the “search” button.
- Online classes have the location designation “APPT ONLNE KULC - LAWRENCE” or “APPT ONLNE KUEC – EDWARDS.”
- Review the course description and “Notes” section for information regarding the course and any specific requirements set by the instructor or the academic department.
Check your Admission Status
- All students wanting to take online classes at KU must be admitted to the university, either as degree seeking or non-degree seeking. The admissions application is online. Be sure to note the application deadline.
- Undergraduates (including non-degree seeking) should visit KU Admissions.
- International undergraduate students (including non-degree seeking) should visit Admissions for International Students.
- Graduate students (including non-degree seeking and international students) should visit Graduate Studies.
- For general admissions information, call 785-864-3911.
Enroll through Enroll & Pay
Access your online course
- When the semester begins, go to Blackboard by typing in the URL courseware.ku.edu, or go to the KU homepage, and click on the “Blackboard” link in the upper right corner.
- Log in with your KU Online ID and password. If you have trouble logging in, call 785-864-8080 for assistance.
- You should see your course listed on the right side, under “My Courses.” Click the course and you will see an introductory page giving you directions on how to move through the course.
- Textbook information will be included in the syllabus posted in your online course. Most textbooks may be purchased or rented from the KU Bookstore in the Kansas Union on the Lawrence campus or online from the KU Bookstore If your instructor has selected an online textbook resource or e-text, specific purchasing instructions will be found in the online course.
- Exams for online classes may be administered either online through Blackboard or in person at an approved testing center, depending on instructor preference. This information can be found in your online course syllabus.
- Online exams are administered through Blackboard and students may take them using their own computer.
- In-person exams are administered on the KU campus by the Center for Online and Distance Learning. Instructions for taking exams along with specific locations and times for the exams will be found in the online course.
- Students living outside of Lawrence, who are required to take in-person exams, may take their exams at an approved testing center such as a university, community college, or public library in their area. Instructions for requesting off-site exams will be found in the online course.